- About us
- United Nations
- Services for Australians
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Travel advice
- Register with us
PC8 Child Passport Application Checklist
Include with your application:
- Proof of citizenship – can be in the form of a full Australian birth certificate or an Australian citizenship certificate,
- A full birth certificate (not an extract) listing both parents’ full names and an official English translation if the certificate is not in English (we are happy to accept the international version of documents which can be obtained by the issuing authority),
- Justification of the mother’s name at birth, such as a marriage certificate or ‘family book’,
- One piece of identification from the lodging parent or person with parental responsibility (that is, the person who signed the declaration in Section 19),
- Two compliant passport photos,
- Completed application form,
- Proof of payment - see current fees and payment details,
- Self-addressed, stamped registered envelope to a value of CHF6. Please note that passports can only be mailed within Switzerland.
Questions about your application:
If you cannot answer yes to all these questions, your application will be rejected and returned to you.
- Was the form completed using a black biro?
- Did the lodging parent sign and date the declaration? Did you supply only ORIGINAL supporting documents?
- Did you check your photos for size and quality?
- Was the child born after 20 August 1986 in Australia and, if so, did you check the specific requirements for proving the child's Australian citizenship?
- Did both parents sign the consent form and were the signatures independently witnessed?
- Did the Guarantor fill out all the required fields (e.g., time known, contact phone number) and is your Guarantor available during regular work hours?
- Did the guarantor sign the back of one photo “This is a true photo of [name of applicant]" and sign underneath?
- If the child is over 10 years old did they provide a specimen of their signature in section 19?
- Did you supply a marriage certificate if the mother’s name on the birth certificate is the maiden name only but she is known by her married name?
- Did you check whether you can lodge by mail or do you have to lodge in person?